Sunday, October 23, 2011

Victoria Justice "The worst part about being famous"

With her starring roles in Nickelodeon’s "Victorious,” Paramount Pictures’ “Fun size,” and her growing musical career, it is easy to say that Victoria justice has become a household name. But being famous certainly comes with a price. In a recent interview with AOL, Victoria explained the troubles that come from being famous:

"I have recently noticed changes in my life because of the popularity of the show. I never really thought about it, until I wrapped this last season at the end of February. I was so busy working that I was very rarely out and about doing normal stuff. I realize now that mostly anywhere I go, I get recognized. The interesting thing is it’s people of all ages, which goes to show you the power of TV. I’ve been on TV since I was 12 on ‘Zoey 101,’ and I got recognized a lot then, but mostly by younger kids.



It seems the world has changed a lot since then though. The internet and social media networks have really exploded and there’s so much focus on everyone’s personal life. Just recently, I noticed the paparazzi are paying attention to me (I always tried to keep a low profile when it came to that) and that makes me more guarded. There was an incident recently, where I was riding my bike in my own neighborhood, which I’ve always felt really safe in and never had to worry about photographers, and the next thing I know there were photos online of me. That was an eye-opening experience for me. They must’ve been hiding and snapped the photos. Actually, it was a little scary for me because now I know they know where I live, so now I’ll always be looking over my shoulder.



On the positive side, with a higher profile brings the opportunity to bring attention to issues that you believe in that can help people. I was asked to join a charity that really spoke to me that was started by the United Nations, the organization is called ‘Girl Up.’ It’s about bringing awareness to American girls to help other girls just like them in developing countries. These girls need our help to be able to get an education, medical care and supplies, a safe place to gather and many more things that we take for granted in this country. I’m really proud to be a part of the cause. I will be going to Guatemala the end of August on my first trip to see firsthand the challenges that they face."

She is one of the very few that uses her fame for good! We love you Vicki! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment